Thursday, July 10, 2014

Week 4

Week 5


This was to meant to be a build week , but then two work outs in the week, one was a one arm set and the other a 1k TT trial held back the volume. Otherwise the simulated race on Saturday was a good result. A PB to date and the door settings was up'd one to #3 no longer #2. 34:18 PB is now 33:55. This is quite a reward to think back to day one how hard this was going to be. Obviously a plateau or a slowing in the improvement from this time forward. Time will tell. I think I will move up one door setting as it has been two weeks since the last increase of the door settings, again this will most likely be a two week build.
I will be really pleased to see another race simulation where the time goes sub 31:xx. Then I know my swimming is ready for a pool swim set comparison.
Today's Saturday effort was followed by a 46mi TT bike ride, then a 7.5 mile run @ marathon pace. tomorrow I'll do a easy 3000m set.

Week 4
Still growing. Initial door settings #4 felt like running up a 5% grade or in this case swimming against a current. Very hard effort and hard on the arms. Though after a couple of days adaption occurred no longer an issue. Usual wo's are still consistent 2000m to measure improvements with a growing stroke per minute-spm. Now spm is 47-49, anything lower seems slow. Though the race like wo on Saturday was super hard pushing  a best 60spm on a door settings#2 to match previous race liek efforts. I was hoping the 60spm might put me near 1:35/100m, but no. Wattage was up though to 68-70w - highest yet, though I found this effort very very hard requiring much mental focus. I was going to stop at 30mins hoping I was going to be near 2000m. As 30mins rolled around I figured I can go to finish the 2000m. Psychologically it was worth the hard effort to see the resultant sub 1:43/100m. Numerous efforts I got near 1:35 but unable to hold this for a second or two and the strength not there. I did find despite having good spm, the length of stroke was really finishing early with no pushing through/finishing the stroke correctly out the back. Perhaps now is the time to look at pushing/finishing the stroke properly and just go up one door setting to #5 and holding this for several weeks. I too will now make week day sessions every other day a push in the effort and next day an easy day as I would with my runs and bikes sessions.
Pleased with the race effort on the Saturday simulating 1.2km swim followed by a 350mins  TT effort @252watts perhaps my best yet since the accident - 3.01w/kg a nice break through. Then 7k run at race HMP ~6:55pace for 37mins. perhaps my best yet off the bike.











Week 3
Door setting #3, by the end of the week another race like workout using door#2 setting. PMC chart showing all the right s signs of improvement. HR is climbing in the wo's so perhaps the aerobic capacity is getting better. Took mid week day off after feeling the effects of working hard. Pleased with the race effort on the Saturday then simulating a 2hr TT group bike ride then a short run of 30mins @ HMP. Over the coming weeks the run on alternate week will grow longer and more like race specific efforts to root out the weekness in my run due to the nerve damage..Next week door #4 settings






Week 2
A strong finish to the week. An hour after finishing this mornings WO arms/shoulders have recovered unlike how my left shoulder felt quite sore during the WO. Taking a leaf from my prerun warm up, sets of lunge stretches. I am doing arm and shoulder stretching to warm them up. Despite this soreness , last week missing two days to some lab testing and a 50% reduction in yesterdays WO, came back today feeling better though the L.shoulder did feel sore mid way in. I  have found a way to help the core with strapping my ankles with a band  in addition reading Sheila Tormena's book to focus on stroke mechanics and the pull.

Take away this week is today finishing with a best time for time/distance /HR effort with slow consistent training. Next week up the door damper to #2 setting keep it consistent and steady for another week then move into some constant velocity (CV) reps.

Summary week 2










No comments:

Post a Comment